Patients who meet with Dr. Anh Lee describe her as compassionate, caring, genuine and knowledgeable, with a kind bedside manner. Dr. Lee is a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon who is double Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. She is also a Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Lee has had extensive training in both cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. She trained at Louisiana State University Health, Sciences Center in New Orleans, home of one of the busiest trauma hospitals in the country. She also specializes in the DIEP flap, a highly specialized surgery to recreate the breast after trauma or cancer.
Training and Fellowship
Dr. Lee completed a five-year residency in General Surgery followed by a two-year fellowship in Plastic Surgery and Reconstruction at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center. She then transitioned to Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. During her training, Dr. Lee became very involved in numerous research projects, including the Komen Grant for Breast Cancer Reconstruction.
Dr. Lee holds a number of society memberships, including:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Associate Fellow of The American College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- El Paso County Medical Society
- State of Texas Medical Board
- State of California Medical Board
- State of Louisiana Medical Board